1. India invented the Number system. Pingalacharya invented ‘zero.’ in 200 BC.
2. Indians discovered the size, shape, rotation and gravity of earth about 1000 years before Kelvin,Galileo,Newton and Copper Nicus. Aryabhatta I was the first to explain spherical shape,size ,diameter,rotaion and correct speed of Earth in 499 AD.
3. Newton’s law of Gravitational force is an ancient Indian discovery. In Siddhanta Siromani ( Bhuvanakosam 6 ) Bhaskaracharya II described about gravity of earth about 400 years before Sir Isaac Newton.
4. Bhaskaracharya II discovered Differential calculus.
5. Theory of Continued Fraction was discovered by Bhaskaracharya II.
6. The place value system, the decimal system was developed in India in 100 BC.
7. Indians discovered Arithmetic and Geometric progression. Arithmetic progression is explained in Yajurveda.
8. Govindaswamin discovered Newton Gauss Interpolation formula about 1800 years before Newton.
9. Vateswaracharya discovered Newton Gauss Backward Interpolation formula about 1000 years before Newton.
10. Madhavacharya discovered Taylor series of Sine and Cosine function about 250 years before Taylor.
11. Madhavacharya discovered Newton Power series.
12. Madhavacharya discovered Gregory Leibnitz series for the Inverse Tangent about 280 years before Gregory.
13. Madhavacharya discovered Leibnitz power series for pi about 300 years before Leibnitz.
14. Parameswaracharya discovered Lhuiler’s formula about 400 years before Lhuiler.
15. Nilakanta discovered Newton’s Infinite Geometric Progression convergent series.
16. Theorems relating the diameter,volume and circumference of circles discovered by Madhavacharya, Puthumana Somayaji, Aryabhatta, Bhaskaracharya…….
17. The value of pi was first calculated by Aryabhatta I in 499 AD,ie more than 1350 years before Lindemann
18. Boudhayana discovered Pythagorus Theorem in 800BC. ie 300 years before Pythagorus.
19. Algebra, trigonometry and calculus came from India. Quadratic equations were by Sridharacharya in the 11th Century.
20. While the Greeks were using only upto a maximum value 1000, Indians could go upto 18th power of 10 level during Vedic period.
21. Infinity was well known for ancient Indians. BhaskaracharyaII in Beejaganitha
(stanza-20) has given clear explanation with examples for infinity
22. Positive and Negative numbers and their calculations were explained first by Brahmagupta in his book Brahmasputa Siddhanta.
23. Sterling formula was discovered by Brahmagupta about 1000 years before Sterling.
24. Demovier’s theorem of positive integral was discovered by Brahmagupta in 628 A.D, i.e around 1000 years before Demovier.
25. Puthumana Somayaji discovered Demovier’s infinite series in 1140 AD,i.e more than 200 years before Demovier.
26. Maharshi Sushruta is the father of surgery. 2600 years ago he and health scientists of his time conducted surgeries like cesareans, cataract, fractures and urinary stones. Usage of anesthesia was well known in ancient India. He was the first person to perform plastic surgery.
27. When many cultures in the world were only nomadic forest dwellers over 5000 years ago, Indians established Harappan culture in Sindhu Valley (Indus Valley Civilization).
28. The world’s first University was established in Takshila in 700BC. More than 10,500 students from all over the world studied more than 60 subjects. The University of Nalanda built in the 4th century BC was one of the greatest achievements of ancient India in the field of education.
29. According to the Forbes magazine, Sanskrit is the most suitable language for computer software.
30. Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to humans.
31. Although western media portray modern images of India as poverty stricken and underdeveloped through political corruption, India was once the richest empire on earth.
32. According to the Gemmological Institute of America, until 1896, India was the only source of diamonds to the world.
33. USA based IEEE has proved what has been a century-old suspicion amongst academics that the pioneer of wireless communication was Professor Jagdeesh Bose and not Marconi.
34. The earliest reservoir and dam for irrigation was built in Saurashtra.
35. Chess was invented in India.
36. The first philosopher who formulated ideas about the atom in a systematic manner was Kanada who lived in the 6th century B.C.
37. All the atomic reactors in the world are in Shiva Linga Shape which is an Indian contribution.
38. Padanjali maharshi discovered Sound waves.
39. Yoga is an ancient Indian gift to the world.
40. Shayanacharya discovered velocity of light.
41. Maharshi Bharadwaja discovered different types of light rays.
42. Maharshi Bharadwaja was the first person to give definition about aeroplane. He explained about different types aeroplanes in his book “Vimana Thantra” about 2000 years before Right Brothers.
43. Maharshi Bharadwaja discovered spectrometer. In his “Yantra Sarvaswa” he explained about more than 100 instruments.
44. The different colours of light, VIBGYOR are mentioned in Rigveda which was written more than 6000 years ago.
45. Maharshi Charaka discovered Psychology and Quantum healing system.
46. Varahamihira discovered the concept of “Budding of plants”.
47. Varahamihira discovered Comets in 505 AD, i.e more than 1100 years before Haley.
48. Gouthama Maharshi discovered the wave nature of sound about 1400 years before Hyghen.
49. Seven continents are mentioned in Padmapurana.